Search This Blog

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Interesting choice of words




I'm still nursing the theory that, when Disco returns, we're going to learn that the reason Captain Lorca has brought the Discovery to an alternate universe is that he's on a mission to rescue the crew of his previous ship, the Buran, which was somehow trapped there. So I was interested to note that, in this promo video, Jason Isaacs says, "We find out that he lost his entire crew, and I am sure in his mind he could have made different decisions to save them." Lorca lost his entire crew -- not that he saw them die. Hmm....

Going back to "Choose Your Pain," his exact words regarding the Buran are, "I didn't let my crew die. I blew them up." I could be dead wrong (pun intended), but both Lorca and Isaacs seem to be choosing their words carefully and avoiding saying that the Buran's crew is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment