Search This Blog

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Quick thoughts post Will You Take My Hand?



I liked the Disco season finale, I really did.

1. But the MU Georgiou story echos the problem I had with the Lorca story. I was sure there had to be more to him, because it made no sense that Starfleet would trust a guy who killed his own crew. I was sure there was some big mystery to be revealed about the Buran. But no. Not only did Starfleet go with that really poor plan, but even after their mistake is revealed, they figure handing Discovery to evil Georgiou is a good plan? Hmm.

2. I wonder if the Enterprise just left Talos IV? (Hello Alexander Courage!) Will Burnham become involved in the fallout from the events of The Cage, and will that explain why Spock doesn’t talk about her? Hmm. (Adding: According to Wikipedia, the timing doesn't line up; The Cage would have been two years earlier (or three, now that they've jumped ahead nine months?). But maybe that's wrong?)

3. Culber. Mycelial network. Terrraforming. Genesis. Green spore on Tilly. Resurrection? Hmm.

4. I absolutely can’t wait to see what’s next for Burnham, Saru, Tilly, and Stamets. A new captain? Possibly a Vulcan? Or has Prime Lorca been hanging out on Vulcan? Hmm.

5. I’m still pissed that Lorca was so summarily discarded. I'm not getting over that. It's a grudge and I'm nursing it.

Adding:

6. I'm not entirely comfortable with the fact that Starfleet just released a genocidal maniac. Can we not try people for war crimes committed in other universes? Someone get Samuel Cogley on that.

7. When Tilly announced she was very high, at least two generations of fans for whom watching Star Trek stoned was a rite of passage achieved a moment of perfect joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment